Use Sponsored Brands videos as a new way to market your products on mobile devices. These videos will help your products stand out in search results and help customers discover your brand and products as they shop on Amazon. These ads are keyword targeted, cost-per-click, and link customers directly to the product detail page where they can learn more and purchase.
While a customer is scrolling, these videos are displayed above a corresponding product with their details. A sponsored video will auto-play when 50% of it is on the screen.
Guidelines and best practices:
- Educate and demonstrate products to Amazon customers that are shopping for products and brands.
- Show your product prominently within the first second of the start, as fading in from an empty frame wastes your time to engage customers.
- Stay brief and focused with a 15–30–second video length to ensure the audience is engaged through the whole message
- Ensure your video still works without sound, as it begins silent and cannot go full screen.
- Consider adding an end card to allow for some breathing room before the video loops to the beginning or get creative to make your loop seamless.
On-screen text guidelines:
On-screen text can help videos that rely on voiceover to communicate the product message. To ensure text can be easily read on smaller screen devices, we recommend using Helvetica or a similar san-serif font at a minimum size of 80 px. We also recommend displaying the text in white on top of a black bounding box set to 80% opacity (seen in the example below).
Video and audio specifications:
- File resolution – 1920 x 1080px, 1280 x 720px, or 3840 x 2160px
- File size – Smaller than 500MB
- File format – .MP4 or .MOV
- Display aspect ratio – 16:9
- Video duration – 6-45 seconds
- Minimum audio bit rate – 96 kbps
Video ads must also meet the following criteria. Videos that do not meet these guidelines will not be accepted.
- Critical content within the video (such as on-screen text) must not obstruct the user interface. To ensure your video meets this guideline, please download the safe area template.
- All on-screen text must be a minimum of 30 pts and be legible.
- Letterboxing/Pillarboxing: Videos should not have black bars on any side of the video content.
- Videos text and spoken word must be in the language of the locale in which it is displayed, be easily understandable and clearly identify the brand or product promoted.
All Sponsored Brand video campaigns are subject to Amazon’s Creative Acceptance Policies. All content must be appropriate for a general audience and must comply with all laws, rules, and regulations that apply to the advertiser or the advertising content in any location where the advertisements may appear. Ads that do not meet these policies will not be accepted for video in search.
How to get started:
“Video” is a new ad format you can choose when building your Sponsored Brands campaign. You can also ask a Navazon representative about how they can help.